Please feel free to contact me anytime at 678-684-2968 or Kathy.Traylor@Walton.k12.ga.us
Effective 8/2014 all 7th grade students must have 2 additional vaccines MCV4 and Tdap to attend School.
The Walton County BOE Policy on Medication is:
- No medication can be given without written permission form.
- A written order from the health care provider must accompany all prescription medications and OTC meds to be given on a regular basis. The order must include the name of the medication, the dose and the diagnosis.
- Students are not allowed to transport medication. They must be signed in the clinic by a parent or guardian or an adult designated by the parent or guardian.
- Medications must be in the original container. Prescription medications must have the pharmacy label. Medications brought in baggies can not be given.
- Students are allowed to carry Asthma inhalers, Epi Pens, and certain diabetic equipment if the following conditions are met:
Parent completes authorization for self-administration of medication
Student must demonstrate, to the school nurse, the skill necessary to use the medication or device
The student's health care provider must formulate a written treatment plan for the condition
- Emergency medication for potentially life threatening situations also require a signed authorization from the parent or guardian, a written order form the health care provider that must include:
Names of staff member trained to give
Location of medication
Procedure for administration
Any necessary aftercare
Plans for field trips, school sponsored activities and after school programs